25 June 2010

Aroma Espresso Bar: a haven for foodies & coffee addicts

Aroma Espresso Bar: a haven for coffee addicts & foodies 10:45 AM | 15 June, 2010 © When I first spotted Aroma Espresso Bar at the Promenade Mall location (probably around April), I noticed that the pricing for the food was probably more than what I’d be willing to pay for, but I really needed a coffee break at that time. First things I noticed: freshly baked loaves of bread, and the sound of espresso being freshly ground and brewed as it should be--not the way they brew espresso at Starbucks or Second Cup for that matter--they grind the old school way! I also love how everything is absolutely immaculate and the staff are courteous & professional, knowing that a customer’s needs are important. Milk for their lattes & cappucinos are done with whole milk (unless specified otherwise), allowing for a richer, creamier taste; poured over the full bodied espresso with care and finesse. I also have to admit that having a dispenser containing water with lemons and plastic cups on a tray indicating to help yourself is a fantastic idea--it’ll definitely keep you hydrated while you wait for your order to be filled. There is no doubt that the ambience & atmosphere allows you to know that it’s a more upscale cafe, with a lot of healthy food choices all prepared to order. I haven’t managed to sample any of their food, but based on my experience in the Hospitality industry (I do cook, you know!), my nose doesn’t lie when it smells something great that also looks incredibly appetizing. As I finish writing this from their Bathurst & Rutherford location (9320 Rutherford Road), I have to say that Aroma Espresso Bar is a real delight and in the last 7 (almost 8) years, I never thought I’d find a place that I love just as much as Starbucks & Second Cup for satisfying my coffee fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment