14 August 2010

paninis + pickle barrel = love

Just as luck would have it, I miraculously found myself back at the Pickle Barrel at Yonge-Eglinton..this time for a birthday dinner (and running into a couple friends of mine!). Always with the itch to try something new, I took after the chicken & avocado panini on an herbed foccaccia bread--with a green salad and dressing on the side. I dug in with a ravenous appetite, I managed to devour and savour every bite, knowing it likely won't be long before I try to make this home. What I definitely did NOT expect was to be so full that there was no room for dessert! Instead, I had a cup of coffee to settle my stomach and for me, that was definitely a good idea. For some reason, the dog days of summer seem to bring out the craving for paninis..maybe because they're light, yet they make a perfectly satisfying meal with a green salad on the side. perfect for: a light, satisfying meal affordable: YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment