13 July 2011

Milestones + Date Night Menu = well worth it

To sum it all up, this was one of the best date nights that I've had the opportunity to share with my bf and celebrate his birthday, since it was his last leave for the next couple of months.
As it turns out, this date night/celebration just happened to fall on a Wednesday--THE day of the week when the date night menu happens to be available for use!

We started with the Honey Phyllo Shrimp: 6 pieces of perfectly fried shrimp with a sweet & slightly spicy honey-chipotle dipping sauce.

For our respectively selected main courses, I chose the Mediterranean Chicken filled with goat cheese and served with bok choy, chickpeas, grape tomatoes & pomegranate molasses. Perfectly seasoned, but it was a borderline dry in my mind. The bok choy, tomatoes & chickpeas managed to make up for the slightly dry chicken and bring the whole dish all together.

And for him you ask? Sirloin steak, grilled to a perfect rare, served with mashed potatoes & asparagus. Can't say what I thought of his dish as he managed to eat everything (and I prefer my steak medium rare).

For dessert, I let him pick this one: THE COOKIE:
a massive, freshly baked cookie that's still soft when served, topped with caramel & chocolate sauces and a scoop of vanilla gelato. No lie--not only did we share it, we finished it all.

Suffice to say that this is definitely well worth it to pay nearly $60 after tax & tip for a great meal, lots of laughs, and a very big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment